Saturday, May 22

Thirsty person


On the bank of the stream there was a high wall, and on the top of the wall a painful
thirsty person.
His obstacle for reaching the water was the wall; he was in distress for the water, like
a fish.
Suddenly he threw a brick into the water: the sound of the water came to his ear like
spoken words,
The water was making a sound, that is to say, (it was crying), “Hey, what is the
advantage to you of this throwing a brick at me?”
The thirsty person said, “O water, I have two advantages: I will never give up from this
work.
The first advantage is (my) hearing the sound of the water, which to thirsty people is
music to their ears.
The other advantage is that, (with) every brick I tear off this (wall), I come (nearer) to
running water,
The more thirsty any one on the top of the wall is, the more quickly does he tear off the
bricks.
The more any one is in love with the sound of the water, the bigger brick does he tear
away from the barrier.

No comments: